All pages and patterns of this site can now be translated by using the 'Translate this Page' Gadget at the top of the right hand column of every page. Hopefully this will help many of you who are more comfortable reading in your native language. :D


All patterns are written assuming that the reader has a basic understanding of crochet and amigurumi, IE: working in rounds, sc increase and decrease, basic understanding of construction of the parts.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

JIGGLYPUFF with pattern


This is the Jigglypuff I made for the kids. I ended up using a virgin wool (cause it's the only pink color I had) and I don't like making 3D pieces in wool because it's inconsistent and a bit stretchy to work with. I'll have to remake one at some point in good acrylic yarn. I thought about making the microphone, but I was too tired ... I'll probably do that next time.

As usual, if anything isn't right, or confusing, let me know and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

So... here's the pattern for Jigglypuff :)


JIGGLYPUFF

Materials:
WW yarn in a soft pink or light rose
Fiberfill
Scraps of black, white, blue and red felt
Sewing threads to match the felt colors
Sewing needle
Yarn needle
Size F hook

NOTES:
I tend to prefer to join my rounds when I work, but if you prefer to use continuous rounds and stitch markers, that's also good. Whatever is most comfortable for you.

Gauge isn't really important, as long as the hook, yarn and your tension result in a fairly tight stitch so that the stuffing doesn't show thru.

The numbers in ( ) at the end of each row or round is the total number of stitches that should be in that row or round.


BODY:

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)

Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)

Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (18)

Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (24)

Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (30)

Rnd 6: sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (36)

Rnd 7: sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (42)

Rnd 8: sc in next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (48)

Rnd 9: sc in next 7 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (54)

Rnd 10: sc in next 8 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (60)

Rnd 11-19: sc in each sc around (60)

Rnd 20: sc in next 8 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (54)

Rnd 21: sc in next 7 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (48)

Rnd 22: sc in next 6 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (42)

Rnd 23: sc in next 5 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (36)

Rnd 24: sc in next 4 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (30)

Rnd 25: sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (24)

Being stuffing at this point and continue as you go along.

Rnd 26: sc in next 2 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (18)

Rnd 27: sc in next sc, dec over next 2 sc around (12)

Rnd 28: dec over next 2 sc around (6)

F/O leaving tail for closing. Add any more stuff needed to create a nice ball shape. Weave tail through the last round worked and pull to close.


ARMS:

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)

Rnd 2-3: sc in each sc around (6)

Rnd 4: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (9)

Rnd 5-7: Sc in each sc around (9)

F/O


FEET:

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)

Rnd 2: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (9)

Rnd 3: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (12)

Rnd 4: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (15)

Rnd 5-9: sc in each sc around (15)

Rnd 10: sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (12)

Rnd 11: sc in each sc around (12)

F/O (feet are not stuffed, but flattened out)


CURL:

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)

Rnd 2-8: sc in each sc around (6)

Rnd 9: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (9)

Rnd 10: sc in each sc around (9)

Rnd 11: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (12)

Rnd 12: repeat rnd 10 (12)

Begin 'top' of curl:

Row 13: sc in next 7 sc, leave remaining stitches unworked. Turn. (7)

Row 14: sc in each sc across (7)

Row 15: skip first sc, sc in remaining sc across (6)

Row 16: skip first sc, sc in remaining sc across (5)

F/O


EARS:

Make 4:

Row 1: ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch. In next ch work hdc, ch 1, hdc. Sc in last 2 ch.

Row 2: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each sc up to the ch 1, work sc, ch 1, sc in the ch 1 space. Sc in each sc to last st, 2 sc in last stitch.

Row 3: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each sc up to the ch1 sp. work sc, ch 1, sc in the ch 1 sp. Sc in each sc to last st, 2 sc in last stitch.

Place two of the ear pieces together and sc around through all layers evenly.

Cut a piece of black felt to fit inside the ear as shown in the picture leaving the outer row of sc visible. Sew in place using black sewing thread.

EYES:

Cut two white circles about one and 1/2 inches in diameter, 2 blue circles about 1/4 inch smaller. Sew together as shown in picture. Cut tiny white circles and sew (or glue) in place at the 10 o'clock position of the blue circles (see picture for help).

ASSEMBLY:

I highly recommend pinning all pieces in place before sewing to allow you to make small adjustments. When you're pleased with the positions, sew all in place. The curl is very lightly stuffed and sewn on with the 'top' part of the curl facing up, and lightly stuffed as you sew it on. Curl the small end around as shown and sew in place. Arms are lightly stuffed and sewn slightly to the front. Feet are flattened and sewn in place on the bottom. Ears are slightly curved to the front and sewn on as shown.

Cut a small piece of the red felt in a mouth shape and sew in place.


JigglyPuff and Pokemon are copyright Nintendo.

This pattern is an original pattern by Linda Potts (March 2009). Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but you may not sell or distribute it, or sell items made from this pattern.

69 comments:

manga-freaks said...

Again wow i love this crchet pattern i'll have to try it out

Rose said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing your pattern - I can't wait to make it!

Mupo said...

It's really adorable! How big is your Jigglypuff when finished? Because I was thinking that if it was small, I could make one twice the size to make it life size. (Jigglypuff is 1 foot 8" tall. I looked it up while playing Poke'mon Fire-Red recently.) Thanks so much for sharing!

WolfDreamer said...

The finished one is 5 and 1/2 inches tall. It shouldn't be too hard to make it larger, I'd sure love to see it when you're done! :)

Mupo said...

I will be happy to show pictures as soon as I have the yarn and can work on it! thanks so much! :Hug:

Hatuli said...

Thanks for sharing these instructions!!

WolfDreamer said...

You're very welcome!

Tina from Germany said...

your pattern saved me! finally i have a birthday present for my best friend! when we was kids, jigglypuff was her favorit pokemon!
greatings from germany!!! tina

WolfDreamer said...

I'm very glad the pattern helped you out! :)

Tina from Germany said...

I am ready with body, arms, feets and curl - BUTT I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE EARS! I can't undersand row 2+3 (i'm a crochet beginner)

Henny said...

It's gorgeous! Can't wait to start with it!

Hatuli said...

Thanks for the wonderful instructions. I didn't have black felt, so I crocheted the ears like this - 2 ears in pink, 2 ears in black. I connected them with the pink. I think they turned out cute.
Here's a link to my Jigglypuff -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michalbenhur/3533695755/

WolfDreamer said...

Thank for the compliments and I *love* how your Jigglypuff came out! The ears did indeed come out very nice :)

We all add a little something of ourselves to everything we do :D

Aimee said...

This pattern really is great!!!
If you look at my blog you will see I have a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, one of which was the crochet a pokemon.
So I am crocheting JigglyPuff :')
Thank you so much for sharing this pattern!!!
Much love
Aimee x

WolfDreamer said...

You're quite welcome Aimee! Good luck on completing all those things on your list :D

Joy said...

Thank you so much for designing and posting these pokemon patterns! I'm a longtime knitter but a new addict to crocheting, and my sons are addicted to pokemon... and these amigurumi are a nice way for the two to intersect.

Anonymous said...

You have some amazing patterns, and you inspired my first attempts at stuffed toys: http://giddygonkette.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/its-kaabii/
thank you, and keep putting up more stuff!

Charlotte said...

I really love this pattern! I made it for my Dad for his birthday, and he LOVED it! It was his favorite present :D
It came out exactly how it looks in the picture, which was great. THANK YOU soooo much for putting up such wonderful free patterns. :)

Stephanie said...

I have a question on the ears. After the HDC and chain one where do I HDC the second time? I am new to crocheting and can seem to get the ears right. I feel like this is the step that I am messing up on. Thanks so much! Cheers!

WolfDreamer said...

Stephanie: The HDC, ch1, HDC are all worked in the same chain. This will begin to create the 'peak' of the ear. :D

Jennifer said...

What great Pokemon patterns! My 2 and 4 year old girls have recently "discovered" Pokemon and I am looking forward to whipping up a few of these! Do you take requests? Their favorites are Bulbasaur and Chikorita! Thanks for posting these patterns!

Anonymous said...

this is great but i was wondering if u could make 2 things n if they could b knitted bcuz i dont kno how 2 crochet :( so my 2 favorit pokemon ever r togepi n chikorita n i was hopin u could make them knitted that way i could male them.... anyways thnx

WolfDreamer said...

I have plans for a chikorita at some point in the future, but probably not a togepi. There is already a very good commercial pattern for togepi on the internet.

As to knitting patterns, I'm afraid I just can't help you there. I can't knit a stitch. Never could. I've tried quite a few times, but I'm just not the knitting type I guess. LOL

Raja said...

How cute is JigglyPuff!!!

I'm starting on it right now!

Would you happen to have a cr-pattern for Ponyta? Or planning on making one?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all your great patterns, I taught myself to crochet just to make them. Now, I'm addicted. So thanks :D
Here's my Jigglypuff - http://www.flickr.com/photos/48732590@N03/4464904935/

WolfDreamer said...

You're very welcome, and I don't know if I should apologize for giving you a new 'addiction' LOL, since crochet is so much fun :) That jigglypuff is really awesome! :D

Lisa Kate said...

You are so kind, awesome and sweet to post all of these patterns! I can tell you take a lot of time and effort into them! I made Jigglypuff (my 2nd crochet project ever!) and I'm really pleased with him! She came out a bit odd, but I love her all the same!

Here's my lil' guy: http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/lisakatec/amigurumi/jiggypuffmichaelangelooctopi006.jpg

Thank you so much! Pachirisu is next, then hopefully I'll be able to make a Whismur next! I think they are mega-cute!

kaktüs said...

Hello

You have wonderful patterns. Thank you for sharing us...

One important character is missing.. Where is the Bulbasaur? :)

And also Charmender? Snorlax :) They are funny pokemons

Lisette said...

I love this pattern! I was a fan of pokemon when I just got on tv here in holland, in the late 90's, but I felt too old for it soon after about a year. I still remember jigglypuff though, and the song, it's so adorable!
I actually feel like watching pokemon again now, haha

CatoftheCanals said...

I'm making this for a friend for christmas and i'm having a hard time with the ears as well. The only thing I can't figure out is on row 2 and 3 do i need to make a turning chain? also do I continue starting with the second chain from hook on all rows or do I start on rows 2 and 3 with the chain immediately next to the hook? my ears keep coming out lopsided, the right side looks fine but the left side juts out and looks strange.

WolfDreamer said...

You chain 1 and turn at the end of each row. Your first stitch of each row goes into the last sc of the row before. The turning chain doesn't count as the first stitch, it's only to bring the hook up to the proper height for the row to begin.

Stephanie said...

Thank you for posting this pattern! I used it to create my own Jigglypuff! Check out my blog to see how it turned out:

http://AllAboutAmi.tumblr.com/

I'll be blogging about another fabulous pattern of yours that I used too (Bob-omb)!

Unknown said...

i made this and i changed the eyes, mouth and ears so that they where crocheted, the ears i made two in pink and two in black and then sc around the edge in pink.

Anonymous said...

i am working on the body and when i was on row 25, i saw that row 11-19 was, well, lumpy! can you help?

WolfDreamer said...

I'm not sure what you mean by 'lumpy'. It could be many different things causing it... if you can possibly send a picture or two to me in email showing the problem area,
WolfDreamer@live.com
, then maybe I can better identify what's going on :D

Mel said...

Hello! I've just finished making the 4 separate bits for the ears, whereabouts do I join them to each other? This is my first crochet attempt ever, please excuse if the answer's quite obvious! Thanks! Loving the pattern so far! Really easy to follow, even for a first timer!

kitty said...

I made a jigglypuff following your pattern:

http://www.mycfs.me/index.php/2011/07/12/im-still-alive/

I LOVED it, and I love the final product!! The pattern was really easy to follow for a first time project so thank you for sharing it with us all x

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so excited about trying this!!! EEeeep! Thank you so much for this. You are an awesome crafter.

Lotsaluv, Em

http://bewarethevampirebunnies.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

what exactly does sc mean? im new....

Anonymous said...

thank you for the pattern!!! can you make the microphone please? it'll look much better with a microphone :)

WolfDreamer said...

The microphone would be just a black tube (about 8-10 sc around) stuffed, and grey ball just slightly larger sewn on top :D

Anonymous said...

I can't work out the ears. Mine increases as I go up from each row. It doesn't look like a triangle, but looks more like a pentagon.

P.S. I'm a beginner. I've done a few project working in rounds, but I'm not too familiar working in rows.

Anonymous said...

Hi- I can't seem to get your ear pattern down. I am having a hard time understanding row 2-3 so I was wondering if you could explain them in a "slower" way for me...I can't seem to find any sources on the internet that can aid me in it. Thanks!
~ A novice.

Romulo100mx said...

It´s awesome!!! You are very creative its very well done and cute!!!!Congratulations.

Stephen White said...

Great pattern! I have a question about the "curl". Am I supposed to "turn" at the end of rows 14 and 15?
Thank you!

WolfDreamer said...

Yes, because after row 13 you are at that point working in rows instead of rounds :D

Jamal said...

Jigglypuff's eyes are greenish by the way.

Lila said...

Hi,

First, thank you so much for posting all of these free patterns! They (and you!) are truly wonderful.

Second, this is my first time trying to make a sphere and I'm a touch confused. I'm not joining my rounds, just working in a spiral to avoid the obvious join spot. I'm up to row 9 and my piece thus far is a hexagon rather than completely round. Is this correct? I don't want to keep going and find out I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks!

WolfDreamer said...

That's pretty normal. It will 'round out' more when you begin doing your even rounds, and even more so when you stuff it :D

Lila said...

Awesome, thanks WolfDreamer!

Sammich said...

Thanks so much for the pattern, WolfDreamer! I've finally finished my Jigglypuff as a present for a friend. She's seriously bouncing up and down with excitement at the thought of getting her Jigglypuff tomorrow!

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/sammich13/99488610/crochet_038_medium2.jpg

Anonymous said...

I have the body, arms, legs, and curl done but i am having trouble with the ears. Please help.

Anonymous said...

Of my goodness! My little girl is turning 3 at the end of this month and LOVES Jigglypuff! I love hearing her sign. She told me today that she wishes she had a Jigglypuff toy so I thought I would look for a pattern and if not try to make one up myself. This came up right away and I am so thankful it is free! Thank you so much for posting this!

Igel said...

I really love your work! I also made a Jigglepuff and tried some other patterns. Thanks for posting all the patterns!

http://endstationleben.blogspot.com/2012/07/schweinskram-und-anderer-alterer.html

Unknown said...

i just made this for a friend over the weekend, and it turned out good. this was my first crochet doll i made. thank ou for the pattern

NUIT said...

How the hell did you do the curl? and what does it mean when you say start the top part? PLEAAAASEEEE HELP

Candy said...

Your pattern is great my question is on the curl row 14, 15 & 16. Once finished on 14 do you turn or do you continue on to the other 7 sc?

Unknown said...

Awesome pattern, I finished. Not sure how to post a picture on here. Oh well, thank you!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the pattern.

Unknown said...

Thank you. I plan to leave these at children's hospitals for those that want to play but are limited.

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for posting this pattern. I just love Jigglypuff! I used crochet thread size 10, and he came out just under 2.5 inches tall. So cute! Thanks again!

Jenn said...

Thanks for the pattern. I made this for my son and he loved it. Your patterns are awesome!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLhGGVHg9sj/

Unknown said...

Hello! I love these patterns! But I'm having trouble with jiggly puffs ears :(. Any chance u can clarify those better please:)

Unknown said...

Hello just wanted to leave my compliments as well! I tried making this and it's great but I'm having trouble with the ears. I understand how to work the rows but mine aren't coming out the same as yours in the picture, they're actually much smaller than yours somehow. All the same, wonderful work! Thank you so much for posting these!

WolfDreamer said...

The ears do seem small until you get the edging rounds on them. If the main part of the ear was larger, then when you did the edging it would be far too large. :)

And glad you're enjoying the patterns!

Unknown said...

I have come to the end of this pattern. The ears. Im a bit of a novice. I understand the termanology and what thungs are supposed to mean. However, I an not really understanding that Im supposed to be doing for the ears. This part of the pattern is extremely confusing to me.

Unknown said...

You are very talented. I made this Jigglypuff for my little sister and it turned out great ! It also has help me get basic shapes down so that thanks to you I have the confidence to try making my own pattern for Gothita. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Unknown said...

Hi! Congratulation! So cute!!! I'm french and i don't understand for the ears... in row 1, when i do "hdc, ch 1, hdc", i stil have just 1 ch, not 2... can you tell me where i can found pictures or videos for helping me please? Sorry for my bad english...
Thank you! Ps: i'm novice...

Unknown said...

Hello,
I try to do the jigglypuff but I dont know how to make the ears. When I tried it does a rectangle. Help please !

Ps : I'm french sorry for my bad english.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...