All pages and patterns of this site can now be translated by using the 'Translate this Page' Gadget at the top of the right hand column of every page. Hopefully this will help many of you who are more comfortable reading in your native language. :D


All patterns are written assuming that the reader has a basic understanding of crochet and amigurumi, IE: working in rounds, sc increase and decrease, basic understanding of construction of the parts.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Chikorita Plushie


Well after many requests (and finally getting the yarn I needed) Chikorita has arrived.  LOL
The top picture shows the  colors closer to what they actually are,  the other two pictures for some reason turned out a bit on the 'bluish' side,  but hopefully will still at least give you an idea of how the doll is put together.  I'm really a much better designer than a photographer.  :D
The eye colors aren't exactly right either,  but that's purely because I simply didn't have the right two shades of red.  All I had was red and a brown color  (Walmart doesn't really have an extensive selection of felt shades  LOL)
As always,  if you have any troubles or questions about the pattern,  just post or email me,  and I'll answer you as quickly as I can. :D



CHIKORITA

MATERIALS:

WW yarn (medium) in Light sage, dark sage and white
G hook
Fiberfill
Yarn Needle
Small scraps of felt in desired colors for eyes (orange, red and white)

NOTES:

Gauge isn't important for this, as long as your yarn, hook and tension result in a fairly tight stitch that won't let the stuffing poke through.

Numbers in ( ) at the end of each round or row indicates the total number of stitches in that round or row.


HEAD:

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (18)
Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (24)
Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (30)
Rnd 6: sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (36)
Rnd 7-16: sc in each sc around (36)
Rnd 17: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each sc around to last sc, 2 sc in last sc (38)
Rnd 18: sc in each sc around (38)
F/O. Stuff head moderately firmly while shaping.

BODY:

Rnd 1: 7 sc in magic ring (7)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (14)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (21)
Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (28)
Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (35)
Rnd 6: sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (42)
Rnd 7-25: sc in each sc around (42)
Rnd 26: sc in next 4 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (35)
Rnd 27: sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (28)
Begin stuffing at this point if you haven't already. Stuff moderately firmly while shaping. Continue to stuff as you progress.
Rnd 28: sc in next 2 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (21)
Rnd 29: sc in next sc, dec over next 2 sc around (14)
Rnd 30: dec over next 2 sc around (7)
F/O. Leave tail. Weave tail through last round, tug to close up. Secure and weave in end.

FEET: (make 4)

Starting with white:

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring - change to light green in last sc. (6)
Rnd 2: sc in each sc around (6)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (9)
Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (12)
Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (15)
Rnd 6-7: sc in each sc around (15)
Rnd 8: sc in first 7 sc of round, leave remaining sc as is (7)
F/O. Stuff moderately firmly.

TAIL:

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in first sc, sc next 4 sc, 2 sc in last sc (8)
Rnd 3: 2 sc in first sc, sc next 6 sc, 2 sc in last sc (10)
Rnd 4: 2 sc in first sc, sc next 8 sc, 2 sc in last sc (12)
Rnd 5: 2 sc in first sc, sc next 10 sc, 2 sc in last sc (14)
Rnd 6: sc in each sc around (14)
F/O. Stuff moderately firmly. Weave in end.

BUDS:
(make 7)

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Rnd 2: sc in each sc around (6)
F/O. Stuff the 'bud' with the tails of yarn, that's probably all the stuffing you'll need in them.

LEAF:
(make 2)

Row 1: ch 2, sc in second chain from hook (1)
Row 2: 2 sc in sc (2)
Row 3: 2 sc in first sc, sc in last sc (3)
Row 4: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each remaining sc (4)
Row 5: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each remaining sc (5)
Row 6: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each remaining sc (6)
Row 7: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each remaining sc (7)
Row 8: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each remaining sc (8)
Row 9: 2 sc in first sc, sc in each remaining sc (9)
Row 10-20: sc in each sc around (9)
Row 21: dec over first 2 sc, sc in each remaining sc (8)
Row 22: dec over first 2 sc, sc in each remaining sc (7)
Row 23: dec over first 2 sc, sc in each remaining sc (6)
Row 24: dec over first 2 sc, sc in each remaining sc (5)
Row 25: dec over first 2 sc, sc in each remaining sc (4)
Row 26: dec over first 2 sc, sc in each remaining sc (3)
Row 27-30: sc in each sc across (3)
Row 31: 2 sc in each sc across (6)
F/O. Place the two leaves together and whip stitch around edges. At stem and base (rows 26-31) fold together and whip stitch, leaving the final row 'open'.

FINAL ASSEMBLY:

I highly recommend pinning all parts together before sewing to ensure you have everything made and that all the parts are positioned as you like.

Sew head to body positioned as shown. Leaf is sewn to top center of head as shown, you may wish to tack the leaf to one side of the head (optional). Buds are sewn around the neck at the point where the head joins the body. Position the first bud center of the front, and remaining buds evenly spaced around the neck.

Front legs are sewn slightly under the front of the body, while back legs are positioned slightly to each side (as shown). Legs should be positioned so that the last row of 7 sc is facing up and outward (giving the legs a light tilt).

Tail is sewn to the center of backside of body with 'longer' side facing down to give the tail a slight upsweep.

Face is pieces of felt cut into the correct shapes (as shown) and sewn on, while the mouth is simply embroidered as shown.


Chikorita and Pokemon are copyright of Nintendo.

This pattern is an original pattern by Linda Potts (July 2010).  Please do not claim this pattern as your own.  If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site.  You may print and keep a copy for your own personal use but you may not sell or distribute it, or sell items made from this pattern. 





20 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh sweet! I wanted a Chikorita pattern so badly but was afraid you'd never make one since you already did Bayleef. This looks great and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing all of these with us. I, for one, greatly appreciate them!

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased!! My daughter loves loves Chikorita and I too have been hoping you'd make one. I've made Psyduck, Pikachu, Raichu, and Cydaquil for my girls and there are constant Pokemon battles in my household! They also found my "stash" of your other Pokemon patterns that I printed out and I now have to make two of each of the rest of them! Anyway, thank you for sharing these patterns. They're making my kids very happy!

Unknown said...

I love this pattern! Thank you for showing me how to do a leaf I have been looking for a mini tutorial for making them for ages. I can't wait to get home and try it ^_^.

Eva said...

Miles de gracias!!! por tantas cosas bonitas y por tu generosidad al ponernos los patrones. Yo estoy empezando y tener el patrón me soluciona mucho la vida y mis niños no sabes lo felices que son.
Besos y gracias
Eva
http://tejiendoconmax.blogspot.com/

Redostrike said...

OOh soo cute, i'm still learning making amigurumi's and i'm busy on some small projects now. But your patterns are amazing. I'm also a gamer and pokémon are my favorite games. I just wanna thank you for those awesome patterns i hope i can become as talented as you some day. And i'm going to start on a ds carrying case soon. (need one for my dsi xl)O.o

Jo said...

*chuckles* My daughter has finally convinced me to start playing Pokemon on my DS, and Chikorita is my first Pokemon, so... this is a very timely post for me!!

And let me just say, I love your patterns, and they have saved my bacon a time or two, since both of my kids are Pokemon (and Mario) nuts!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful pattern! Thank you for all of your hard work and I really appreciate it! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

omg ty so much for your patterns and that they're free. i have been tring to make a chikorita for my best friend for the past year and now u have guided me. and now u have the best pokemon ever? umbreon? omg. give ur self a hug cuz u rule! u make me so happy im going to throw up.

Anonymous said...

Chikorita is my *favorite* starter Pokemon and your pattern is DARLING! I'm a new crocheter (I am primarily a knitter) but I am very interested in trying one (or more!) of your patterns. I saw on a couple other pages where you mention that you have a list of Pokemon on your list to do next. I don't want to bother you but I can only imagine how adorable your version of a Togepi would be! I'll, of course, check up on you but it would be so cute! :) Thank you for sharing such wonderful designs with us!

Haru no Hikaru said...

please make patterns for:
Treecko,Chimchar,Turtwig,Ho-oh,
Moltres,Zapdos,articuno,slowpoke,
Goldeen,bellasom,Gloom,vulpix,
Riolu and Lucario,togepi evolution line,the "Eeveelutions" and SO MANY MORE!!!!
Awesome patterns,
I am going to use them to make christmas presents!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

In the comment above I agree that you should make a Vulpix. I'd really be happy if you made one. (They're my FAVORITE pokemon!)

Anonymous said...

heey, tnx the kids i babysit really love them all, only can you make a pattern for a bulbasaor for me?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wind said...

I cannot figure out how to do the leaf at all... D: I've tried a few times now but, within the first 4 or 5 rows or so, I end up with this messy clump. I'm not sure if there's something you can explain or anything to help me, but if you could explain something or crochet the first few rows and take pictures along the way or *anything* it would be wonderful. >.< I'm nearly done with all of the other parts, and it would be sad if I was unable to finish because I figure out how to correctly start the leaf.

WolfDreamer said...

The leaf is worked in rows, not rounds. You need to turn at the end of each row (if you want to chain 1 at the beginning of each row, you can, but I prefer not to, as it gives you a cleaner and firmer edge)

I didn't include the 'turn' at the end of each row, because that is generally understood when working in rows unless otherwise noted.

Wind said...

Oh! Thank you very much! I'm still fairly new at crochet and was trying to work in rounds rather than rows. I'm able to crochet the leaf now! :D

Unknown said...

hola mi nombre es judith.....primero que nada felicitarte por tus bellos trabajos y por el tiempo que dedicas a esta pagina.....mi duda es la siguiente.....no entiendo la ultima vuelta de los pies....podrias explicarmelo mas claro....que no me resulta es la vuelta 8 ....porfavor .... y gracias

Happy Kappa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grisel said...

Gracias por el patrón. Voy a hacerlo!! Luego te cuento como me salio!!

Cat Lover said...

Thank you for your wonderful patterns. The toys are so professional-looking and are the best I've seen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...