All pages and patterns of this site can now be translated by using the 'Translate this Page' Gadget at the top of the right hand column of every page. Hopefully this will help many of you who are more comfortable reading in your native language. :D


All patterns are written assuming that the reader has a basic understanding of crochet and amigurumi, IE: working in rounds, sc increase and decrease, basic understanding of construction of the parts.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On the topic of forums...

Like many of you, I enjoy talking to and hearing from others who enjoy the craft of crochet and knit as much as I do. To that end, I joined a forum site called Knitting Paradise (http://www.knittingparadise.com/ ).

After nearly a year
 there as a daily reader, I was privately contacted by the administration there, to remove the links in my signature as I was breaking their rules by not have return links on my blog and in my shop to their forums. So I removed the links, thinking the other users would be required to do the same. Weeks later, no one else had done this, so I contacted the administration again and asked why no one else was being required to do this and that I felt singled out, and was considering leaving despite the fact I truly enjoyed the forum.

The response I received? 'So leave then'.

While I truly came to like and admire the users of this site, I cannot recommend this forum site due to the lack of polite and professional administration. Their response to my inquiry leaves me to consider that the forums are run by children. A mature adult who was concerned about their site and site reputation, would not behave or respond in such a manner.

Beware the beasts, they are everywhere. *sigh*

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your experience.
X

StitchyDragon Creates said...

Wow! That is harsh! What a shame the small minded few spoil things yet again :( I hope you find another (better run) enjoyable forum soon.

Lisa said...

Thanks for the heads up. I wonder what their problem is.

ZHOBEYDA said...

HOLA AMIGA, TUS TRABAJOS SON HERMOSO, TE FELICITO, QUE DIOS BENDIGA TU CREATIVIDAD.. AHORA TE SIGO, VISITAME PARA QUE VEAS LO QUE YO HAGO TAMBIEN MUY HUMILDEMENTE..!
SIEMPRE SERAS BIENVENIDA..
NOLYZ....

Unknown said...

That's really disappointing to hear. It's always a shame when you have to reluctantly leave a place you genuinely enjoy. I'm sorry you had to experience that. It's a real bummer. :/

hooks said...

Try the At my house blog. I am in that one. I find that they are very friendly.

Rhyanna said...

I am a member of that site, and yes it seems that there are those who are favorites, in the 'clique' while many who aren't. ALthough I post, apparently not a lot to be able to post items for sale on their website.
I had considered leaving, but decided to bide my time.

I am sorry that they gave you such a hard time. Sadly, there appears to be no one to complain to there.

Julie P. (OokamiJ) said...

Sorry to hear about that, must be really hard to go through something like THAT! I mean, if you had to take those down off your signature, shouldn't everyone eles do the same??? That's crazy, but I guess the rules are the rules. Sure, we don't like them, but we gotta follow them...... :(

Hope you would find another form site that treats you better, A LOT better! ;) <3

thorlover said...

I think your work is amazing and i was wondering id when you decide to do more pokemon you could think about doing a Chimchar and possibly a Quagsire pattern. Thank you so much for you patterns and for sharing you gifts.

Judi said...

I left KP because of all the nasty posts and belittling of others. It got to the point where a simple question or request for help would generate a string of hateful replies. Then there were the "grammar police" who pointed out every single typo or misspelled word. Not everyone was like that, of course. I wondered if the site was being moderated at all.

debi said...

are you still taking ? need to ask something.ladylightbuld@hotmail.com.. please use this email

Unknown said...

This I'd the first time I have been on any blog. Question about umbreon. Pattern doesn't say what to do with head. I have two openings. Am In suppose to stitch one or more of them closed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...