All pages and patterns of this site can now be translated by using the 'Translate this Page' Gadget at the top of the right hand column of every page. Hopefully this will help many of you who are more comfortable reading in your native language. :D


All patterns are written assuming that the reader has a basic understanding of crochet and amigurumi, IE: working in rounds, sc increase and decrease, basic understanding of construction of the parts.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Voltorb


Voltorb is a cute but simple pokemon to make. He always seems grumpy, but I guess if people were always mistaking me for a pokeball, I'd be a little grumpy too!


VOLTORB
Materials:
WW yarn in red, black and white
F hook
Fiberfill
Yarn Needle
Scraps of felt in white and black
Sewing thread to match the felt colors

NOTES:
Gauge isn't really important here, as long as you ensure that your hook, yarn and tension result in a fairly tight stitch. Using different yarn types and hooks can give interesting results and make a larger or smaller plush.
I highly recommend using the 'invisible decrease' especially when working in the round. While it's not completely invisible, it does help to reduce the gaps that concentric decreases tends to leave behind. Overall, it just ends up looking alot neater.
Starting with red yarn:
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (18)
Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (24)
Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (30)
Rnd 6: sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (36)
Rnd 7: sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (42)
Rnd 8: sc in next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (48)
Rnd 9-11: sc in each sc around, change to black in last (or joining) sc (48)
Rnd 12: sc in each sc around, change to white in last (or joining ) sc (48)
Rnd 13-15: sc in each sc around (48)
Rnd 16: sc in next 6 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (42)
Rnd 17: sc in next 5 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (36)
Rnd 18: sc in next 4 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (30)
Begin stuffing at this point, continue stuffing as you progress.
Rnd 19: sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (24)
Rnd 20: sc in next 2 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (18)
Rnd 21: sc in next sc,  dec over next 2 sc around  (12)
Rnd 22: dec in next 2 sc around (6)
F/O leaving a long tail. Add any stuffing needed to finish out the shape, weave the tail through the last round and pull to close. Weave in ends.

Cut white felt to the eye shape, using photo as a guide. I'd advise using plain paper first, and pin it on to make sure you have the size and shape you want. Once you have the felt sewn on, using black yarn, embroider the the 'brows' above the eyes. Cut a very small circle out of black felt and place on the eyes for pupils, again using the photo as a guide.

Voltorb and Pokemon are copyright Nintendo.
This pattern is an original pattern by Linda Potts (March 2009). Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but you may not sell or distribute it, or sell items made from this pattern.

13 comments:

Ashley said...

you are such a wonderful crocheter all of your pokemon and mario crochets look so good! im currently working on learning from my mom and the are some of the first things im gonna do when im better but for now my mom is making them for me.
keep up the good work and mayby u could make a bulbasaur? that would be so awsome!

Ashley said...

oh and i also meant to say on oddish would be to freaking cute! oddish is absolutely my favorite cute pokemon!

WolfDreamer said...

Thank you for the compliments, and it's nice to hear of young people learning the craft! I'm sure you'll be very good at all of it, and will learn to make anything your heart desires! :D

I'll try to get an oddish up soon, altho I have quite a few projects that I need to attend to, I'll work on that as soon as I have some free space :D

Anonymous said...

hey, you're amigurumis are great!

could you please make a charmander.. I'd love to have this one!!

thnx

Vonnie said...

I just found your site! Wonderful!!!
My 33 year old son, his 5 year old daughter and my 23 year old daughter are big fans of Mario Video games, as are their friends. I showed these to my daughter and son today, and I already need to make 5 or 6 of each!!!! My daughter even said she might have me teach her again, so she can make them herself. (I have tried several times over the years with little or no success, maybe these characters will be the motivation she needs). Thanks for all the time and effort that went into these!

Anonymous said...

hi i was about to stop crocheting im only 10 and u made start again with ur wonderful crochet so all i can say keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just wanted to say great work on these amigurumi patterns and after stumbling upon your site I only just started making them.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why 12 stitches were dropped in round 20 as opposed to the usual 6?

-Inspired 17 year old.

WolfDreamer said...

that was purely a typo, it seems I dropped a round while typing it out, I'll fix that... This pattern has been up for so long, I'm surprised no one else mentioned that :D

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Alrighty, just checking, thanks so much~! ^^;

I think there's the same thing on your electrode but they are amazing none-the-less. :)

THanks so much for inspiring everyone on here with your creativity!

-Inspired 17 year old.

Emily said...

hi, i just found your website and can't stop looking through your patterns! they are amazing!! i'm currently 13 and was considering to try chrocheting ((: Now that i've seen all of the things that are possible with it, i'm definitely going to try! plus, it'll help with patience too. lol ((: you're amazing! ^_^

CreativeJooses said...

I just wanted to point out that voltorb are 1'8" tall... No criticism intended here, It sounds bad lol. But it would be super if you posted the dimensions of your wonderful creations. Other than that, great pattern, thanks :)

WolfDreamer said...

My Voltorb came out to about 7 inches tall.

My dolls all average around 8-9 inches tall, with a few exceptions. They're dolls, not intended to be 'life sized'.

It doesn't matter all that much what my dimensions are anyway...everyone's dolls will be a different size. It will depend largely on specific yarn used (different brands of yarn have different 'hands' and will result in different sizing) different hooks produce different sized stitches (even hooks of the same size) every person has their own tension that they work at and then there's how they will stuff the doll... all these things will cause each doll to be somewhat different in size for each person.

femjo said...

I made voltorb and I'm planning on making more pokemon ^^
Electrode is my next project :D

I'd like to thank you for your free patterns!

My voltorb: http://femjo.deviantart.com/#/d5isgtc

x femjo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...